Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Unified Drawings

This was the first medium I used, Graphite B, which I was very familiar with the "pencil" aspect of it. Because I was familiar with the medium it was the easiest for me to use and felt comfortable with it. I believe I would use this medium to draw with most since it has has the ability to be erased clearly and it can have either a flat characteristic or a pointed tip.


Although this medium was very messy, the Compressed Charcoal HB, I was able to manipulate it  in order to show a variety of shades. This medium seems to have great versatility but I am not sure how much I would use it due to the mess that it seems to leave all over.


This medium was the Vine Charcoal. There seems to be a bit of an "airy" feeling to it and it seems a bit fragile. I do not know when I would actually want or need to use this medium because it seems that I could only create one shade of color while using it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment