Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Final Project



For my final drawing of me in a chosen environment, I chose to create a simple and non intrusive background.  I prefer to keep life simple and enjoy the small things that might not matter to others but do to me. Therefore I kept a plain background to depict that and drew some flowers that show me smelling them to depict that life is simple and can be very busy however sometimes you need to remove yourself and "stop and smell the flowers" and embrace some "you" time. 


I believe that through my 14 weeks of participating in this drawing class that I have learned to utilize value and perspective more effectively and feel much more prepared when completing a drawing that utilizes those concepts. Unfortunately I'm still not confident in completing drawings of myself or other human simply because I have not captured that skill throughout this course.  From my first and final self portrait I cannot see any huge differences from week one to week 14 however I can say that at least in my final drawing I was able to attempt to depict my eyes in the drawing.  I believe that my proportions are slightly off in my final drawing compared to my first one however despite me not perfecting that skill, I am very proud of myself for being able to complete this course without being too far off from the expectations seeing how I have difficulty completing detailed-oriented tasks such as completing artwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment